It's a month before Christmas... the ideal time to check out what's in and what's hot when it comes fashion.
In our family, I train the teens to be #MoneyWise. We follow a tradition wherein we will shop for clothes during the Christmas season. All other shopping within the year are devoted to school clothes, and everyday essentials. Christmas is the time to splurge some money on additional wardrobe.
MRS.WISE's TIPS ON SHOPPING:
- Buy the classic style. It won't go out of style for a good number of years. Just sneak in a few trendy items to mix and match with the classic designs
- Buy quality (not necessarily branded). Always check out the seams, the fabric, how meticulously the clothes were sewn.
- Always check on cleaning requirements. I will not buy anything that needs dry cleaning for it entails additional cost.
- Since my daughter and I are of the same size now, I always choose clothes that can be worm by both the "mommy" and the "teener" :)
- Lastly, if you find a style that really complement your body type, buy 2 of that style. Maybe in a different color or fabric. Chances are, you will like wearing this style often. And you will not risk impulse buying on a style that doesn't even look good on you.
FISHER DEPARTMENT STORE HOLIDAY COLLECTION:
I was invited recently to Fisher Department Store's Holiday Collection Fashion Show. There I got to see the trendiest clothes for the last quarter of 2017.
See the video below and tell me... what caught your fancy. What clothes will you consider wearing on your Christmas parties and reunions!
FISHER MALL https://www.facebook.com/OfficialFisherMall/