To date, I have kale, pepper, stevia, oregano, arugula, turmeric and basil in my garden. Plus trees like atis, lemon, guyabano and avocado. It is indeed very rewarding when you invest time and effort in planting and then you harvest.
Another idea that my husband and I started last year was to lessen our family's pork intake. We eat more of chicken, fish and seafood. I grew up in Malabon, so different varieties of fish and seafood were always present in my meal. Sadly, now that I live in Quezon City, I am having a hard time finding the fish varieties that I love. I only see bangus, tilapia (that I don't eat) and tuna in the market now.
|Buttered shrimp with Baguio veggies (mushroom, potato, broccoli and cauliflower)|
|Mussels and clams in wine|
Good thing, there is a canned mackerel brand that I can trust. Now, when I crave for a fish meal, I can just open a can of Uni-Pak Mackerel.
|UNI-PAK MACKEREL WITH MY HOMEGROWN HARVEST|
MY UNI-PAK MACKEREL EXPERIENCE:
Uni-Pak Mackerel comes in easy open can. This means, it saves me a lot of time during food preparation. The mackerel inside is big and chunky. It did not break up when I drained the water out. Just goes to show the good quality of Uni-Pak Mackerel. Kaya basta Mackerel, dapat tatak Uni-pak!
Mackerel is one type of fish that is very healthy. It is rich in coenzyme Q10 that helps in eliminating the cancerous agents attached to the cells. It also has antioxidants that can help prevent cancer, because gets rid of the free radicals in the body. Mackerel may also help in keeping your skin healthy. That's because it has one of the highest concentration in Omega-3 acids. It helps lower your blood pressure and raises good cholesterol. Imagine enjoying all these healthy benefits with Uni-Pak Mackerel... hindi basta nakasanayan, the best na yan!
For this Lenten season, let me suggest a recipe that is healthy and very easy to make. Mrs.Wise Uni-Pak Mackerel Pasta. Happy cooking mommies... and daddies!
And because I want to encourage you my dear readers to eat healthy... I am giving away a Uni-Pak Gift pack for one lucky reader :)
MECHANICS:1. Like UNI-PAK MACKEREL on Facebook
2. Like MRS.WISE on Facebook
3. Follow MRS.WISE on Instagram
4. Share this blog article on Facebook and tag Uni-Pak and Mrs.Wise and include the hashtags -- #tatakunipak #paknapak #unipak
5. Leave your facebook name and email in the comments section
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Must like pages and follow instagram account or entry will be disqualified
2. One entry per person. Giveaway starts April 12, 2017 and will end on April 26, 2017, 11:59pm. Winner will be announced on April 27, 2017.
3. All valid entries will be included in the raffle.
4. Winner will be contacted via email or Facebook and will have 24 hours to respond or else another winner will be drawn
5. Gift Pack will be delivered to the winner's home address by PERCX staff. If the winner is from the province, it will be delivered via courier.