"Why are we getting fat? My back is starting to hurt... is that osteoporosis? Or even Arthritis? Is there a way to combat aging? Paano ba magmukhang bata?"
I won't deny it, health becomes a very important issue to women my age. As a woman, and as a mother, I am always on the look out for natural things that can make me healthy. I need to be healthy to be able to take care of my family, right? I need to be in perfect shape if I want to inspire my family to take care of their health too.
And then I discovered COCONUT OIL.
PERSONAL STORY ON COCONUT OIL
When my mother was still alive, she suffered from arthritis. I massaged her arms vigorously until the pain subside. I used coconut oil.
A few years back, I suffered from alopecia. And the application of the coconut oil on my scalp facilitates hair growth.
My daughter who is now 16 years old, uses coconut oil combined with castor oil, for her eyebrows. Funny as it may seems, she is slowly getting what she wants. Healthy and thickened eyebrows.
We are three generations of coconut oil users so you can trust me, when I say, I really believe in its healing and regenerative powers!
WHY IS COCONUT OIL HEALTHY
50% of the fat content in coconut oil called Lauric Acid. Lauric Acid is a wonderful miracle ingredient because its health promoting properties.
Lauric Acid is a medium chain fatty acid (MCFA) together with Caprylic and Capric Acids which are all found in coconut oil. When other fats take longer to digest, MCFAs are the perfect sources of energy because it is easier to digest and process. And they are not stored as FATS. Good news to all my BFF's with weight problems!
THE BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL (IMPORTANT FOR MOMMIES LIKE ME!)
1. HELPS IN WEIGHT LOSS - research shows that coconut oil increases the activity of the thyroid. An inactive thyroid is one of the reasons for weight gain.
2. BOOSTS METABOLIC RATE - You heal fast and your immune system functions better, so you recover fast from illnesses and infections. This is important for my children who are prone to illnesses and infections.
3. LOWERS RISKS OF HEART DISEASE - the types of fats found in natural, unprocessed coconuts and coconut oil do not raise total serum cholesterol levels of contribute to heart disease, according to latest studies
4. KEEPS SKIN HEALTHY - because it is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. For mommies, we can use coconut oil to moisturise our skins.
5. In Alzheimer's disease, it is believed that brain cells have difficulty metabolizing glucose. But the theory, ketones that are produced in our bodies when digesting coconut oil may provide an alternative fuel source to keep the brain nourished.
In our home, there are only two oils used in preparation of our food. One is olive oil -- which we use as a salad dressing. We don't use it for cooking because the heat makes it open to oxidative damage.
The other oil is COCONUT OIL. With all the benefits I mentioned, why wouldn't I use it for cooking? If it makes my family healthy... then I am all for it.
One local brand that my family loves --- MINOLA cooking oil, with Lauric Acid!
|AT THE GROCERY, I ALWAYS PICK MINOLA OVER OTHER BRAND :)|
And I learned a lot about the importance of Lauric Oil when I was invited to the Coconut Oil Information Forum facilitated by Dr. Fabian M. Dayrit
Get social with Minola Premium Cooking Oil to get more information on their wonderful product.