Hi there Ka-WISE MOMS!
Question: Are you having a HARD time making your teens do some household chores?
If yes.... then we're on the same boat! There are a gazillion list of reasons why they shouldn't do the chores.. reasons ranging from...
"I have lots of homework"
"I'm on the computer"
"I'm tired and sleepy"
"I don't like mom..."
Hays..... I think its pretty obvious that teens hate doing chores because its boring. And it keeps them away from things that they enjoy doing -- do stuffs on the computer, chat with friends or watch youtube vids.
Bad news for my teens.... me and my hubby won't settle for NO! One, we want to instill discipline and responsibility. We don't want them to go to senior highschool, then college, then to adulthood without knowing how to do the laundry, clean the house or wash the dishes. That's a big NO-NO!
But making them do the chores is one-hell-of-a-struggle. I admit.. I nag, I insist, and sometimes I shout at the top of my lungs with matching hair-pulling just to make them do it... hahaha! But, as a family... we simply don't have a choice. We don't have a helper and I have no intention of hiring one. Helper horror story is simply another LONG article that I will write sometime in the future :)
Why is accomplishing household chores important for my teens?
1. It teaches them what its like to belong to a family and to contribute for the well being of that unit.
2. I can make my teens' life easier by not making them do the chores, but am I making their lives easier for the future... when they leave home? I don't think so. It's better to teach them early.
3. Consequential Learning. If they don't put their dirty clothes in the hamper, I will not wash it. Then they will have no clean clothes to wear. Easy and simple. Thus... they comply.
If you want to read more of why it is important to teach your children to do household chores as early as you can... read more HERE
Recently, I was picked to do a product review of this interesting dishwashing liquid BUBBLE MAN. I was excited to test it... and have my two teens test it too.
1. It smells nice. Bubble Man comes in three variants -- Antibac, Lemon and Kalamansi.
2. Easy to rinse so it saves time, money and water. Teens are happy because they can wash the dishes fast -- more time for computer and youtube.
3. Gentle on hands. I didn't feel some itchiness that comes with using other dishwashing brands.
4. As per product description, it is effective even at 3% dilution or that's 30ml of the soap added to 1L of water. That can last for weeks! Talagang tipid.
5. Most importantly. it is an eco-friendly, biodegradable product made from coconut derived surfactants. So we are not posing any harm to the environment when we use it. Yey!
Ka-WISE MOMS.... its time to give Bubble Man Dishwashing Liquid a try... and tell me about your experience. And oh.... don't forget to tell me also.... if like me, you are successful in making your children do the household chores!
Till next post..... :)